Hypochlorhydria: 3 Common Signs of Low Stomach Acid
(3) You Burp, Fart, or Get Bloated After Eating
After eating a meal, do you experience any of the following symptoms?
- Several burps shortly after finishing or burps later that taste and smell bad?
- Experience gas 1-2 hours after eating?
- Do you get bloated after eating that lasts for a few hours?
- A heavy feeling in your stomach – like your food just sits there fermenting?
If you’ve answered yes to any of those questions,
it’s likely that you are suffering from low stomach acid levels.
These symptoms are good indications that your digestion is suffering.
I wish I could point to some conclusive models or studies on what’s happening but I can’t. Unfortunately, all we have to go on are observations and theories.